World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: Tricks to Preserve Your Fingers Clear for Wholesome Dwelling
Maintaining good hand hygiene not only ensures your protection, but also prevents infections from spreading to other people around you. Here are some expert tips to help keep your hands clean and healthy.
World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: Tips to keep your hands clean and healthy Representative picture
World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: “Wash your hands,” “sanitize your hands,” and “maintain social distance” are the pieces of advice most frequently heard today. The past year focused on hygiene like never before and put the focus back on the importance of hand washing and hand hygiene.
Hygiene and safety have become topics of discussion and concern. The situation has also necessitated a change in habits and an increase in cleanliness. While most of us resort to the traditional, soapy and water method to protect ourselves from germs, it’s also important to clean our hands regularly when we can’t wash them.
“To limit the risk of germs, it is important to wash and disinfect our hands regularly. Not only does this help kill germs, but it also prevents potential infections from spreading. Therefore, good hand hygiene is a priority for maintaining overall health and wellbeing, ”says Dr. Sushrutha CK, Ayurveda Research and Development Expert at The Himalaya Drug Company.
World Hand Hygiene Day 2021: When to Wash Hands?
We come into contact with countless surfaces every day. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet, before eating or touching your face with your hands, and before wearing your mask.
Here are some expert tips to keep your hands clean and healthy:
- Avoid hot water as it can dry out your skin. Instead, wash your hands with lukewarm water. Make sure you clean between your fingers, the back of your hands, wrists, and under your nails. This is a likely breeding ground for germs
- For clean and safe hands, use a liquid hand wash and preferably one with the good natural ingredients like tulsi, aloe vera, and lemon as these have antimicrobial properties that help get rid of germs and nourish the skin
- Rinse your hands well and make sure there are no traces of soap as it can cause skin irritation
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or fresh towels to prevent your clean hands from being exposed to germs in used towels and wipes
- It is best to take a hand hygiene disinfectant with you when you are out and about, especially when traveling. Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with natural ingredients like cilantro, ushira, nutgrass, neem, and spiked ginger lily can help. These herbs are known for their antimicrobial properties
- Have hand wipes handy to keep your hands clean and free of dirt. Carry a pack of hand wipes when you commute, eat outside, and use them to clean the food debris from the corners of your nails, fingers, and hands. Look for one that is infused with the goodness of herbs like aloe vera, tulsi, and lemon. Tulsi is known to have excellent antimicrobial and skin detoxifying properties
One of the most effective ways to stop the spread of infection is to follow simple hand hygiene practices. Maintaining good hand hygiene not only ensures your protection, but also prevents infections from spreading to other people around you. It is the order of the day to make hand hygiene a priority in order to lead a healthy and happy life.
READ | Rejuvenate and refresh your thoughts on National Renewal Day
READ | Here’s how to monitor your heart health from the comfort of your own home
READ | Heartfelt messages of condolences for aunt
For IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic, click here.