Wholesome Dwelling With TAU: Stopping And Enhancing Eye Well being | Wholesome life with dew
Eyes are extremely valuable in protecting organs throughout our lives. Aging is something that emphasizes its fragility, but other risk factors are also involved: a low fruit and vegetable diet (antioxidants), unprotected exposure to UV rays, the ubiquitous blue light (smartphone screen, TV, computer, LED Lamps, etc.). ), Diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking, taking certain medications, alcohol, high cholesterol, etc.
PROTECT CHILDREN’S EYES
According to Nicolas Fontaine, assistant professor at the School of Optometry at the University of Montreal, “Studies show that blue light (around 440 nm) induces molecular changes in the retina, lens and cornea and converts certain molecules into free radicals, preventing premature aging Eye structures, while other molecules become phototoxic and cause potential tissue damage. ”In addition, the blue light inhibits the production of the sleep hormone melatonin, delays the onset of sleep and reduces the quality of sleep.
Given that the lens of children’s eyes is still developing and cannot ensure its effective filtering role, children are also at risk. Limiting the exposure time to computers, tablets and smartphones is just as important as the increasing consumption of antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants. Dietary supplements, blueberry concentrate, lutein and zeaxanthin or a multivitamin with antioxidants can effectively complement a children’s menu “addicted” to the screens!
CATACRACT, MACULAR DEGENERATION, DRY EYE SYNDROME
Prevention is the best approach. We must immediately think about protecting the health of our eyes.
A cataract is a gradual clouding of the lens. Typically, cataracts progress very slowly and develop over a period of 20 years.
Macular degeneration (AMD) is a deterioration of the macula that leads to progressive loss of vision. It is the leading cause of visual impairment in people aged 55 and over. Since damage to the retina of the eye is irreversible, prevention is very important to keep AMD from progressing.
Tears, mostly water, also contain fatty acids, sodium chloride, proteins, and antiseptics. They are important for healthy eyes. Dry eye syndrome occurs when tear secretion is decreased or a change in the composition of the tear fluid leads to excessive evaporation.
Prevention and Solutions (some formulas combine several of these nutrients)
– Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Many studies confirm that these antioxidants help prevent cataracts and AMD. They protect the eyes from damage from sunlight and blue light.
– Concentrated bilberry or blueberry: bilberries or blueberries, also known as the fruit of vision, help to delay the progression of eye diseases.
– Astaxanthin: protects skin and eyes from the risks associated with exposure to UV rays.
– Omega-3 helps prevent dry eye syndrome and the risk of developing macular degeneration.
– By improving the microcirculation in the eye, gingko biloba can help people with AMD.
– Vitamin A, a vitamin with an antioxidant and anti-infectious organism, occurs in the form of retinol (retina), retinoic acid (bones and mucous membranes) and retinyl palmitate (liver). Vitamin A plays a role in vision and protects the skin, mucous membranes and eyes from dryness. Fish oils, especially halibut liver oil, are excellent sources of vitamin A.
– Vitamin C reduces the risk of developing cataracts.
– Turmeric, well known for its antioxidant properties, is used in traditional medicine to prevent cataracts.
– Vitamin D, “the sunshine vitamin without UV”, plays an important role in protecting the visual function.
– Drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
– Protecting our eyes from the sun and wind.
– Quit smoking and avoid polluted areas.
– Make sure there is good lighting.
– Take regular breaks when working on the computer.
– Stock up on antioxidants by eating 7-10 servings of fruits and vegetables daily and choosing any of the supplements listed above.
TAU wants to be your partner to improve your health. At TAU, we cater to your needs. TAU will guide you in your approach and you will discover a variety of products and healthy food sources. In addition, you can continue to enjoy sound advice from our naturopaths and natural health advisors at TAU.