Get a free telenutrition service from Smith’s that will help you store, put together, and luxuriate in wholesome meals
During the pandemic, customer shopping styles, cooking preferences and eating habits have all changed.
Smiths Food & Drug Stores, in partnership with Kroger Health, is offering a free telenutrition service that customers can use to buy, prepare and enjoy healthy food during the COVID-19 crisis.
We spoke to Sarah Limbert, a nutritionist from Smith, about this free service and some statistics on eating habits.
According to a customer trend report developed by 84.51 °, Kroger’s data science and analytics business has:
• 51% cook and bake more often than before the crisis, while 45% cook the same amount. Only 4% cook less often;
• 40% say they eat more comfort and indulgent foods;
• 40% of customers say they bought more packaged groceries than usual.
• 46% of customers say they eat more snacks throughout the day.
To help customers manage and navigate the new normal, Smith’s Telenutrition service offers:
• A free virtual consultation with a registered nutritionist via two-way video chat;
• Personalized support and plans for individuals and families – whether they’re cooking for the first time, tighter budgets, or less access to fresh or preferred foods;
• Management of food health concerns, including weight maintenance or weight loss, gastrointestinal and eating disorders, and fertility-related nutrition plans, oncology, and more.
The telenutrition service is free to all customers during the pandemic, including Medicare and Medicaid patients. Customers can schedule unlimited visits with the code “COVID”.
To learn more about the telenutrition service or to sign up, visit: smithsfoodanddrug.com/health/info.